If you are a client and feel you have a complaint about this firm please follow this procedure:
- At first instance please raise your issue with the fee earner who is dealing with your file.
- If you are unable to resolve the issue with the fee earner who is dealing with your file, please submit your complaint in writing to Charles Cook who is the managing partner. His full details can be found on our website. He will respond within 14 days of receiving your complaint.
- If you are dissatisfied with the Managing Partner’s findings you may appear against his decision in writing to Roger Lane-Smith who is our Chairman. His full details can be found on our website. He will respond within 14 days of receiving your complaint.
- The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.
Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
- Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and
- No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
- No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ